As the American masses prepare for the renewal of NFL football, I thought this would be a good time to look at why real football (soccer for the sake of this discussion) is better than American football.
- Soccer players play 90 minutes in well under two hours, it takes twice that long for football players to get in 60 minutes. Maybe if football players didn't need a 40 second break after each 6 second play...
- Soccer doesn't start each play with one player putting his hands on another player's ass.
- You actually need to be somewhat athletic to play soccer. Try to imagine this guy running up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.
- Helmets? Soccer players don't need no stinking helmets! Well, generally speaking...
- Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, and the Cincinnati Bengals do NOT play soccer.
- Soccer players are committed enough to play more than once a week.
- You can watch a soccer game without having to sit through 9,000 Peyton Manning commercials.