Wednesday, August 22, 2007

There is Class, and Then There is Class

A bit of Liverpool news to attend to, and I promise none of it has to do with Sunday's Chelsea match (I'm over it).

First, Luis Garcia has reached out to all involved with the LFC with a touching letter to the club and (more importantly?) the supporters. As a fan it is always the hope that cheering/singing/etc. will inspire your club/team to a better performance and ultimately victory, but it is still nice to have that effort graciously appreciated by a player who most Liverpool fans will always have a place in their hearts for. Luis will always be our little piece of football heaven.

In other emotional news, word is that the Liverpool brass are considering leaving 96 empty seats in the new Anfield in honor of the Hillsborough disaster. Before actually reading the article I had the same idea of having the seats be in the shape of a 96. I also thought maybe in the shape of YNWA or even JUSTICE would be nice. I also wouldn't mind having the empty seats smack in the center of the new Kop, but that's just me. It's just nice to see the club stay committed to the cause.

Now I just need the Peter Crouch to Man U rumors to go away and I'll be all set.

No comments: