Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Breakout Passes: Pit Stops And Daily Destinations

I'm going to mix things up for Breakout Passes this week. Instead of giving you links to specific posts and articles I am simply going to give you links to some of my favorite blogs and sites from around the internet. Some of these are sites I visit on a daily basis while I check in on others less frequently, but they are all worth the time for any hockey fan.

  • The Pensblog - I've plugged these guys before, and for good reason. They are the best there is at what they do, though I can't quite explain what that is. This is my standard reading everyday while I eat my morning yogurt.
  • James Mirtle's Hockey Blog - Arguably the most popular and well respected hockey blog there is. Mirtle's blog is about as good as it gets, especially for those with an affinity for stats.
  • TSN's NHL Page - When it comes to the NHL, until you read about it here it never happened.
  • The Sidney Crosby Show - It's like Wal-Mart for Crosby fans... it has everything you need and more.
  • Mike Chen's Hockey Blog - Just good old-fashioned quality NHL commentary. Nothing flashy, but always a great read.
  • Illegal Curve - If you crave NHL info and can only visit one place, this needs to be it. The definition of comprehensive.
  • Goalie Post - Want to no which goalies are starting tonight in the NHL? Look no further! A must-read for any fantasy hockey player.
  • Going Five Hole - This is the Bob Errey of hockey blogs (that's a big time compliment coming from me)... solid all around with a Penguins bias.
  • Battle of California - The NHL... West Coast stylie!
  • Behind the Jersey - A top shelf blog for all the Red Wings fans out there. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Greatest Hockey Legends - Kickin' it old school and keeping it real! This is a fantastic site for those interested in the game's history.
I'm sure there are site's I meant to put on here and have currently forgotten about, and to you I apologize. But you can't go wrong visiting any of these websites. I firmly recommend checking in on all of them weekly at the very least. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Sean Leahy said...

thanks for the kind words, though I'm a bigger fan of the ole 29'er Phil Bourque than Bob Errey. Sometimes Errey and Steigy make my head spin. Bring back Mike Lange.